Tournament Scheduling Gone Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time in St George

As a first timer to this Tournament, all I can say is WOW... to me it seemed like there wasnt alot of communication starting with the Umpires, as an ASA umpire I feel like I can look at the job being done there and can confidently say that the "A" game was left at home. I was so irritated at how things were handled that I yelled at the blues, and that is something you just dont do as an Umpire, So be it, it was that bad. As I watched my Daughter play into the 5 oclock hour it never even occured to me that we were putting our kids in harms way, it seems pretty stupid now that I look back on it, maybe the 22 hours of hangin at the ball field numbed my brain, but bad things can happen when you are tired and I feel like we are lucky to have gotten away without any injuries. Get it fixed St George or you wont need to worry about having too many teams show up for the next Tourney...

Comment

Lesson Learned???

Oh lovely! Where are the BIG changes? Pool play not starting until 6pm and tourney play 8am Saturday? What's up with that? Many fields were empty last Friday night so why did tourney play not start? Looks like we are in for the same situation in 12u and with MORE teams? Why can't the bloomington fields be used?? Maybe they should have been last weekend and the poor teams would not have been still playing at 5 am.

Comment

Delay??

No! There was no delay in which you mention. The only delay were the ones caused by one protest and the games that went into International Tie Breaker (which should have been at least thought of in a possible scenerio upon scheduling!)

Comment

Playing late

Until we decide it is ok to play on Sundays like 48 other states do, it will continue to occur. More and more teams are playing, and with year round school and all, you cannot start playing Wednesday day so the tournaments are not played on Sunday. There may be many who will not officiate, play, coach etc because of their religious beliefs, but there will also be plenty that do come out and play.
          Cindy

Comment

You are right. It is the rec

You are right. It is the rec dept
            softballcoach

Comment

Working...
            X