Low income families and softball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low income families and softball

What does a parent do to help their child, who has a passion for the sport, but cant afford it. This situation has been around for years. Parents, players and coaches have been successful with this in the past.
    Do you happen to have any suggestions for trying to fund girls from low income families that are trying to play in tournaments or leagues. There are struggling players and a coach to keep the team together due to finance. Any suggestions would be great.
    SoftballUtah

Low income

I was President of Oquirrh Mountain Girls Softball (OMGS) in Riverton from 2005-2007 and if a family truly could not afford to pay for their child to play league, then all they had to do was talk to the President and explain their situation. OMGS would allow that child to play and did not turn any child away. The families that had these circumstances, always wanted to "pay" in other ways and there were a lot of jobs that needed to be done, like working a few times in the snack shack. I'm sure that other organizations would do the same.

Comment

low income

thanks for your input, the Bountiful Bonnett Ball President, Steve Deden has also allowed players to play without causing financial burdens on families. I'm trying to find funding to assist the girls for the accelerated arena, do you have any suggestions for fundraising?
      Shirley Hunt

Comment

Working...
      X